Exercise Science Concentration, Frequently Asked Questions
By using ARTSYS (artweb.usmd.edu), students can best plan the necessary courses that will transfer to a baccalaureate degree-granting institution.
- For Exercise Science transfer: HES-100, HES-110, HES-200, HIT-111, HLTH-210, MATH-115, PSYC-101, COMM-105, and SOC-101.
- For Nutritional Science transfer: BIOL-215, BIOL-220 or HLTH-210, CHEM-105, CHEM-106, CHEM-201.
- For Athletic Training transfer: CHEM-101 or CHEM-105, HES-100, HES-110, PHYS-101 and DVTY-115, HLTH-120 or HLTH-201.
- For Pre-Physical Therapy transfer: CHEM-101 or CHEM-105, HES-100, HES-110, PHYS-101 and PSYC-201.
- For Doctor of Physical Therapy, refer to the American Physical Therapy Association’s prerequisite science course recommendations for DPT schools at www.apta.org.
Credit may be granted for a current industry-recognized certification. For details about program admission requirements, see Admissions Info.