National Registry Paramedic, A.A.S. Getting Started
Submit a completed enrollment application if you have not previously attended Carroll. Your Paramedic Program application will not be processed for consideration unless you have submitted an enrollment form.
Submit a completed National Registry Paramedic program application for the year you anticipate starting the program. Complete both pages of the application and sign the last page. Be sure to list all schools attended on the first page.
Return two recommendation forms.
- One recommendation form should be completed by someone who knows you outside of your family.
- The other form should be completed by your fire department Chief Officer if possible.
- The forms may be sent directly to the college by the individuals or you may include them with your application.
Include a copy of your current EMT-B or EMT-I card.
Provide proof or exemption of any transitional work (i.e. Math-099, READ-101 and ENG-096).
Review the Essential Functions or Abilities document to determine your ability to meet the program’s standards and skill requirements.
For degree pathway:
Provide transcripts from other institutions documenting completion of:
- BIOL-101 Fundamentals of Biology
- BIOL-210 Human Anatomy and Physiology
- BIOL-211 Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- ENG-101 College Writing 1
- SOC-101 Introduction to Sociology
- SPCH-101 Introduction to Speech Communication
- MATH-115 Introduction to Statistical Methods (recommended)
If you have previously attended Carroll, submit a Change of Curriculum form to the Records Office. This will trigger an evaluation of your transcripts for the Paramedic Program.
While not required, you are strongly encouraged to complete all general education prerequisites prior to beginning the program’s clinicals.