Spring 2023 Orientation Session
New students starting in the Spring 2023 Term, including students transferring in from another college and dual enrollment students, should attend New Student Orientation.
We will host two different orientation sessions for students starting Carroll in the fall. We will have one in-person sessions and one virtual session through Microsoft Teams. Any student can attend either of the sessions. Check in for on campus sessions will be at the front entrance of the A building. Click here for a campus map!
Session dates include:
- Tuesday, January 24 from 6 to 8 pm (on campus)
- Thursday, January 26 from 6 to 8 pm (virtual)
Your attendance and participation are expected! Students who do not participate will miss important information.
Registration for orientation will be available soon. Please check back in mid-November!
Each session will cover the following topics:
- Tips and tricks on navigating college
- Training on the technology platforms you’ll use at Carroll
- Carroll resources designed to support students
- Advice from Advising on how to best prepare for graduation and/or transfer
- Connecting with current faculty
- Engagement opportunities to help you make the most of your experience
- Campus tour
- Personalized tour to show you where your classrooms are
- And so much more!
Orientation is an important part of setting yourself up for success. Here’s why you need to be there:
- You’ll meet other new students which makes starting college without knowing anyone a little less stressful.
- You can talk with faculty about what to expect as a college student to ease your anxiety.
- You’ll feel more comfortable the first week of classes navigating campus after you’ve had a campus tour.
- You’ll know the resources that are here to support you so you can take advantage of them from day one.
- You’ll be able to get your student ID and textbooks to be ready for the first day of classes!
Register now for orientation! Please check your Carroll email for updates on orientation.
Please note that orientation sessions are only for students. Parents, family members, and guests who accompany students to orientation will attend a separate session at the same time.
To be prepared for orientation, please make sure to:
- Register for orientation using the link above!
- Complete your “Tell Us More About Yourself” survey in Starfish. Go to the MyCarroll page click on the Lynx Student Portal, and then log into Starfish. The survey can be found in Starfish by clicking on the three-lined menu button in the upper left corner, then on the down arrow next to your name.
- Bring a current photo ID with you if you want to get your student ID at orientation.
- Please note that you will be required to log into your Carroll account at orientation. Please make sure you have logged in before attending and that you have your username and password with you.
- We encourage students to join the virtual orientation on a laptop with a camera and a microphone so you can interact with the presenters and other students. Test your device before the start of the session and log in a few minutes before the start time so you have time to troubleshoot any issues. If you are experiencing any trouble, please contact Student Technology Assistance at 410-386-8060.
Parents, family members, and other guests who accompany their student to orientation will attend a separate session at the same time facilitated by the Associate Provost of Student Affairs and Marketing. The session will provide helpful information on how to best support your student.
Please do not attend orientation if you are not feeling well, have tested positive for COVID-19 within 10 days, or were exposed to someone who tested positive within 10 days.
Spring classes begin on Monday, January 30, 2023. Please make sure to review your course format and schedule by visiting Student Planning from the Lynx Student Portal.