Updated November 2021
Credit Student Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions for Credit Students
- Credit Student Services & Contact Information
- Technology Support
Continuing Education (Non-Credit) Resources
COVID-19 Communication Archive
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
- Vaccination Information
- *NEW* CDC COVID-19 Data Tracker
- Carroll County Health Dept.
- COVID-19 Testing
- Maryland Strong: Roadmap to Recovery
- Small Business Assistance
- Coronavirus Daily Testing Trends for Each State
- Coronavirus Positivity Rates for Each State
- State Case Rate per 100k
- Center for Disease Control
- Maryland Dept. Health
- MD Dept. Health FAQ (PDF)
CDC Fact Sheets
- What You Need to Know About the 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Stop the Spread of Germs Like Coronavirus and Flu
Travel Related Links
Welcome Back Message For Students
Carroll Community College is very excited to welcome our students back to campus on Monday, August 30, 2021 for what expects to be a busy Fall. Our primary goal remains the safety and well-being of our students, faculty and staff while supporting you, our students, in-person and virtually. I ask that you read this message in its entirety since I have a lot to fill you in on.
The College continues to work very closely with the Carroll County Health Department (CCHD) to monitor the evolving COVID-19 Delta variant in our community and around the state of Maryland. According to the CDC, Carroll County is now considered in the substantial community transmission category. ( https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#county-view)
While our intention was to bring students back to campus with limited COVID-19 restrictions in place, the CCHD is strongly encouraging the consistent use of masks which are now required within the Health Department. Out of an abundance of caution and at the recommendation of the CCHD, Carroll Community College will require all people over the age of 2,regardless of vaccination status, to wear a mask inside our facilities and in crowded outdoor settings to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 Delta variant. This is effective Monday, August 23, 2021.
The Health Department also recommends the College return to our layered prevention strategies that we enacted when the pandemic began in March 2020. I respectfully ask the following actions of our entire campus community.
- All students are required to email Dr. DaVida Anderson, Director of Student Care & Integrity, at email@example.com as soon as you suspect you may have COVID-19 or test positive.
- All students, employees and visitors are required to wear masks at all times while inside on campus. The Information Desk located inside our main entrance of the A building and Campus Police will have extra masks.
- While the College does not have a vaccine mandate, we strongly recommend getting vaccinated as soon as possible to help slow the spread in Carroll County. Exceptions include:
- All students and faculty in credit Nursing, Physical Therapy Assistant and National Registry Paramedic Programs are required to be vaccinated.
- Many non-credit healthcare programs now require students to be vaccinated to ensure placement into clinical rotations. Please visit our health care program pages for more detail Non-Credit Health Care Programs
- Littlest Learners Child Development Center is following all MSDE Office of Child Care Guidance, which includes recommended vaccinations for staff, and recommended indoor masking for anyone ages two and older, regardless of vaccination status. Daily screenings will be continued through the Fall semester.
- The College, in partnership with the CCHD, plans to host a Moderna vaccine clinic on campus mid-September with a second dose clinic in October. While this will make it more convenient for unvaccinated students and employees, we urge you not to wait. Please get vaccinated as quickly as possible. More information about the on-campus clinic to follow.
- For more information on where you can get vaccinated visit: https://cchd.maryland.gov/registration-links/
- The $100 vaccine incentive for credit students is still available once you are fully vaccinated. For more information including deadlines visit: Credit Student Vaccination Incentive Form
- The$100 vaccine incentive for non-credit students is still available once you are fully vaccinated. For more information including deadlines visit: https://www.carrollcc.edu/vaccine-incentive-faq-cet-students/
- Carroll County residents can get a free digital vaccination card through the Carroll County Health Department’s Vaccine Check. For more information visit: https://cchd.maryland.gov/vaccinecheck/
- For recommended prevention and stop the spread reminders please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html
- To expedite contact tracing efforts, the CCHD has requested all faculty create a seating chart for all in-person classes. Students will be expected to sit in their assigned seats for the entirety of their course.
- The College is following CDC guidance on all Travel. Students are asked to inform instructors of any travel plans so appropriate steps can be taken to ensure consistency in instruction and the well-being of the College community. Please follow the CDC guidelines. Visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-during-covid19.html
- Our student and employee Technology Loaner program will be offered for Fall. Please submit the Technology Request Form as soon as possible. Student Technology Request Form
- If you are experiencing any CDC Defined COVID-19 Symptoms or are concerned you have been in close contact with someone who has or is suspected of having COVID-19, please stay home. Our ability to stay open and provide in-person instruction for our students will be significantly enhanced if everyone does their part to keep our College community safe.
- We strongly encourage everyone to stay vigilant and to conduct their own personal health assessment including taking your temperature before coming to campus.
- The Food Locker is available to all credit students in need. Visit https://www.carrollcc.edu/Student-Services/Student-Services-Overview/Campus-Services/Carroll-Food-Locker/
- The Café will reopen with limited hours and limited menus on Monday, August 30th.
- Our first Lynx Soccer home game is Tuesday, August 31st at 4 pm against Hagerstown Community College. Come out, physically distance, wear a Lynx T-shirt, and cheer on our Lynx athletes!
I want to thank you in advance for your continued patience and adaptability. If you have any COVID-19 related questions, please email Trish Carroll, Chief Communications Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, welcome back to campus. I wish you a very successful academic year!
Dr. Jim Ball
James D. Ball, Ed.D.
Carroll Community College