English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and GED Assistant (Student Employee)
- Assist with ESOL registration sessions in person and online
- Contact students and prospective students via phone or email
- Prepare registration folders and paperwork
- Other office duties as requested
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be Federal Work Study Eligible (see below)
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Interest in learning about office work and procedures
- Attention to detail
- High School Diploma
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Flexible; some evenings are preferred to assist with student intake (registration) session
Directions to Apply
- Candidates must complete Carroll’s online application to be considered.
- Complete the Student Employment Application.
- Indicate the department(s) for which you are applying. Only one application is needed.
- Complete the FAFSA for Federal Work Study Positions
- Be registered for at least six credits with a 2.0 GPA
- If eligible, your application will be forwarded to supervisors with open positions
- The application will be held for one year, July 1 to June 30.
What to Expect
- Interview with the hiring supervisor for the position of interest.
- If selected, you and your supervisor must complete all federal, state and college forms. This document is obtained from your supervisor or the Human Resources webpage.
- Complete and submit all federal, state, and college employment forms. The I-9 is submitted to your supervisor and the other forms are submitted to email@example.com
- Create a work schedule with your supervisor that does not conflict with your class schedule.
- When all forms are turned in you and your supervisor will be notified so a start date can be established.
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.