Environmental Services Specialist – Part Time – Second Shift
Department: Facilities Management
Pay Grade: 1 – Minimum starting hourly rate is $15.00
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The work hours for this part-time position are evening hours, 6:30p – 11:30p, Monday – Friday with an occasional Saturday if needed.
This position performs custodial duties on an assigned shift. It reports to the Environmental Services Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs routine cleaning tasks as specified in Shift Schedule.
- Responds to urgent cleaning needs as the result of spills or accidents and maintains records of those activities.
- Performs routine custodial duties for restricted-access areas.
- Vacuums, spot cleans, and shampoos carpets in assigned areas.
- Sweeps, mops and scrubs non-carpet floors in assigned areas.
- Dusts furniture including bookshelves, washes walls/handrails/doorknobs/ classroom boards, and door glass in assigned areas.
- Moves furniture and equipment as necessary to clean floors.
- Cleans, disinfects and deodorizes lavatories, urinals, toilet bowls, mirrors, and water fountains.
- Replaces deodorizers, toilet tissue, hand towels and soap.
- Disposes of trash from assigned areas and from outside of buildings.
- Washes windows and inside glass/mirrors.
- Maintains cleaning equipment.
- Assists with setups for special events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements to Perform Work:
- Prior work experience in custodial and/or floor cleaning preferred.
- Must be flexible regarding work location and shift assignment.
- Be able to read and follow written labels and instructions as well as record incidents in writing.
- Able to follow directions and complete routine/scheduled assignments to department standards.
- Must be positive, cooperative and supportive.
This position involves a medium level of physical effort. It requires the ability to occasionally lift heavy items and stand, stoop, and bend for longer periods of time. Frequently or constantly moving to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects such as waste receptacles, furniture, vacuum cleaner etc. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Balancing, climbing, crawling, crouching, kneeling, stooping
- Feeling, grasping, handling, lifting, pulling, pushing, reaching
- Hear/talk/communicate – Must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual Acuity – Ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental Acuity – Ability to focus, concentrate, understand and convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion
- Stand/sit/walk – Ability to move or traverse from one area to another
College Campus including, but not limited to, common areas, classrooms, restrooms, stairways, dining areas etc. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety with periodic exposure to chemicals (cleaning) and bodily fluids. Precautions typical of custodial duties in such places as office or meeting and training rooms, e.g., use of safe workplace practices with cleaning and office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire and building safety regulations, and observance of traffic laws when/if driving a college vehicle, and observance of College policies. Part time hours not to exceed 29 hours per week.
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Directions to Apply
The employment application can also be found on the College website: www.carrollcc.edu under the About Us tab, then Jobs at Carroll option, then Forms For Applicants box. Click on Employment Application to complete your application, save as a PDF and email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open until filled.
To qualify for employment, selected candidates must
- successfully complete a criminal background check (for designated positions)
- must be available to work on campus as of the first day of employment
- be a resident of DE, MD, PA, VA, WV or DC as of the first day of employment
- be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does not offer Visa sponsorships
- complete an employment application upon request, prior to progressing through the initial interview process
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.