Program Associate, CET
This position will be placed on the College Hourly Salary Scale, Grade 6 with a minimum starting salary of $17.23 per hour.
Department: Continuing Education
Pay Grade: 6 (minimum starting hourly rate $17.23)
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
This part-time position is approximately 25 hours per week.
This position provides administrative and program support to Advantage C, a service of Carroll Community College, within the Office of Continuing Education and Training (CET). This position reports to the Senior Director, Corporate Services and Workforce Development.
Essential Job Functions
- Working closely with the Program Support Specialist, provides administrative support for Advantage C. Answers phones, routes calls, takes messages, orders office supplies as needed, distributes mail and supplies, arranges for equipment repair and maintenance, generates purchase orders and coordinates billing and/or payments for program materials, coordinates arrangements for special events, and provides back-up support to associates in any other area.
- Communicates information and aids students, faculty, contract clients, partners, and other College units regarding Advantage C Continuing Education and Training (CET) programs; verifies student completion and eligibility for the Management Development Workforce and other certificate programs.
- Assists Program Manager(s); creates and proofs marketing materials or brochures as needed; collects e-mail and mailing lists for marketing materials; makes room arrangements; orders books; prepares promotional and instructional materials for events and conferences.
- Provides support for open enrollment and contract offerings for Advantage C and Miller, Resources for Entrepreneurs; communicates with the Client Support Services Coordinator regarding course status, support and materials needed; coordinates room assignments, AV equipment, textbooks and special program needs; prepares course packets, class materials, and supplies; processes class attendance sheets; enters grades and or completion information and generates certificates as needed; processes contract course registrations; issues digital badges for program completion
- Organizes, scans, monitors, and maintains course records and files on shared drive and Perceptive Content database system; disseminates student evaluation reports.
- Assists in tracking annual in-county rate contracts for local businesses’ employee training programs.
- Creates and regularly updates manuals and documentation for various Advantage C programs and processes.
- Assists in archiving of CET course documentation.
- May interface with statewide licensing and credentialing agencies such as the Maryland Board of Nursing (MBON) and the Maryland Real Estate Commission.
- May assist in student communications, room arrangements, supplies and materials, and tracking of student and program information.
- May perform mail merges, develop spreadsheets, create flyer or slides presentation, or update websites.
Minimum Requirements to Perform Work:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of related experience, preferably in a college environment.
- Proficiency required with MS Excel, Word, and other office software applications in a Windows environment (spreadsheet, database, presentation graphics, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task to successfully balance multiple competing priorities a must.
- Excellent customer service skills, friendly demeanor, and understanding and acceptance of people from various backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Must be positive, cooperative, and supportive.
The work is normally light work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate – Must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual Acuity – Ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental acuity – Able to focus, concentrate, understand and convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion (i.e. keyboarding)
- Stand/sit/walk – Able to move or traverse from one area to another
College campus, direct contact with students, staff, faculty and the general public in classrooms, common areas, offices, and campus environments. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms. Use of safe workplace practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations; and College policies. Observance of traffic laws when/if driving a College vehicle..
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Directions to Apply
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter emailed to email@example.com
This position is open until filled.
To qualify for employment, selected candidates must
- wear a face covering inside College facilities
- successfully complete a criminal background check (for designated positions)
- must be able to work on campus as of the first day of employment
- be a resident of DE, MD, PA, VA, WV or DC as of the first day of employment
- be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does not offer Visa sponsorships
- complete an employment application upon request, prior to progressing through the initial interview process
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.