Student Support Specialist
This position will be placed on the 12-month grade 6 College salary scale. Actual salary placement based on qualifications and experience. Position includes an excellent fringe benefit package which can be found at: Employee Benefits Guide 2021-2022
Pay Grade: 6 ($33,599 – $44,470)
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
This position provides customer, program, and clerical support for Continuing Education and Training (CET). The position reports to the Manager of Student Support Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides CET program, tuition assistance/scholarship and payment plan information and other guidance to prospective students on the telephone, in-person, and/or through email correspondence.
- Processes CET registrations and associated payments in Lumens and recommends complementary courses.
- Processes student withdrawals, transfers, cancellations and refunds.
- Forwards student issues and requests for refunds outside of normal policy to unit Director for handling.
- Processes non-credit education verification requests.
- Communicates course changes and cancellations to students.
- Files and archives related documents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High school diploma or equivalent. At least one year of related experience. Experience with data entry preferred.
- Customer service, spreadsheet, and word processing skills helpful.
- Must be positive, cooperative and supportive.
The work is normally sedentary work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate – Must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual acuity- Ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental acuity – Ability to focus, concentrate, understand and convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion (i.e. keyboarding)
- Stand/sit/walk – Ability to move or traverse from one area to another
College campus, direct contact with students, staff, faculty and the general public in classrooms, common areas, offices, and campus environments Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms; use of safe work place practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing with some highly technical applications and new technology systems; avoidance of trips and falls. Observance of College policies, fire and building safety regulations; and observance of traffic signals when/if driving a College vehicle.
Directions to Apply
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Carroll Community College, Human Resources, 1601 Washington Road, Westminster, MD 21157.
The deadline for applicant email submission is November 5, 2021 or postmarked by same date if submitted via U.S. postal service mail.
To qualify for employment, selected candidates must
- successfully complete a criminal background check (for designated positions)
- must be able to work on campus as of the first day of employment
- be a resident of DE, MD, PA, VA, WV or DC as of the first day of employment
- be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does not offer Visa sponsorships
- complete an employment application upon request, prior to progressing through the initial interview process
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.