COVID-19 FAQ – Credit Students
Spring 2022 Semester
Frequently Asked Questions – Credit Students
In Effect January 31 – May 30, 2022
For the Spring 2022 semester, the College will be offering most courses in a face-to-face format. We are also offering several different instructional formats strategically designed to ensure both student success and safety:
- Lecture (LECT): All classes are in-person. Students are expected to attend classes on campus.
- Remote Synchronous (RSYNC): Remote Synchronous is our newest course format. This type of course meets with a live instructor via a virtual format (generally through Microsoft Teams, similar to Zoom). You will log in at a scheduled time to participate in the class. All instruction is provided remotely, just as if you were going to class on campus.
- Online (NET): Online classes meet within our Learning Management System called Canvas. This is an asynchronous format, which means you complete weekly work when it’s best for you. You have 24-hour access to your class. This is not a self-paced course; there are weekly assignment deadlines. Tests may be required in the Testing Center by appointment.
- Hybrid (HYB): Hybrid means that there are some scheduled face-to-face activities on campus, but more than 50% of the class is conducted online (not at a scheduled time/day).
We have prepared this Q&A to address the most frequently asked questions by credit students. We will update this periodically to keep you informed.
ARE OFFICES OPEN?
Student Services offices like Admissions, Advising, Financial Aid, and Disability Support Services are all open Monday-Thursday 8:30am-6pm and Friday 8:30am-4:30pm. You are still encouraged to make an appointment, if possible.
HOW DO I GET MY STUDENT ID?
Student IDs are available through the Library. Please visit the Library for more information regarding how to get your student ID or visit: https://library.carrollcc.edu/home.
ARE THERE RESOURCES I CAN TAP INTO TO HELP PAY MY TUITION?
The Financial Aid Office is open for all Financial Aid services. You may also login to your Lynx Portal at https://www.carrollcc.edu/MyCarroll/ to view, track, and identify what documents have been received and are missing to complete the financial aid process. You may also call 410-386-8437; Email: email@example.com.
You may qualify for our institutional scholarships. For more information visit:
I NEED HELP WITH MY STUDIES. WHAT KIND OF HELP IS AVAILABLE?
Tutoring Services are available in face-to-face and online formats. For more details about drop-in, appointments and review sessions visit https://www.carrollcc.edu/student-services/studentresources/tutoring-and-study-skills/, or email Marsha Nusbaum at MNusbaum@carrollcc.edu.
If you have any additional concerns or questions, please reach out to your instructor and/or Disability Support Services, if applicable, along with your Academic Advisor.
- Disability Support Services: Phone: 410-386-8329; Web: www.carrollcc.edu/disability
- Advising and Transfer Office: Phone: 410-386-8435; Email: Advise@carrollcc.edu
IS THE FOOD LOCKER STILL OPEN AND CAN I STILL BECOME A CLIENT?
The Carroll Food Locker (Room A002) will be available throughout the academic year. If you would like more information about Spring hours or want to sign up to become a client of the Food Locker, please reach out to Jen Snyder by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. All communication remains confidential. You can also visit: https://www.carrollcc.edu/resources/health-wellness-safety/carroll-food-locker/ for more information.
HOW CAN I GET A COPY OF MY TRANSCRIPT REMOTELY?
The Records Office will continue to evaluate incoming transcripts and facilitate outgoing transcripts.
Visit: www.carrollcc.edu/transcript for directions. Current Carroll students should log in through the Lynx Portal and click on Request an Official Transcript. Any student can go directly to the Parchment website and create a Parchment account to send official documents.
Please reach out to the Records Office if you have any questions. Phone: 410-386-8440; Email: Records@carrollcc.edu.
WILL THERE BE ON CAMPUS STUDENT ACTIVITIES THIS SPRING?
The Student Engagement Office will hold virtual and in-person engagement activities. You can access the full list of activities on the Student Engagement Canvas page. Clubs will also post information to their Canvas pages.
Information about the Leadership Challenge, Student Government Organization, the Club budget process, and the Lynx-to-Lynx mentoring program is available in the office (Room A-118) and on the Student Engagement Canvas page.
Stay connected on the Student Engagement Canvas page, and follow us @CarrollCCStudentLife on Instagram for information, tips, and contests for students or call 410-386-8500; Email: email@example.com.
I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO INTERNET SERVICE AT HOME. WHAT DO I DO?
For free internet resource suggestions, please access the following instructions: https://www.carrollcc.edu/Student-Life/COVID-19-Resources/Free-Internet-Resources/
The College buildings, as well as the north parking lot, offer free Wi-Fi to students.
If you would like to borrow a device, please use the Student Technology Request form to request a laptop or hotspot.
ATHLETICS ARE BACK!
To learn more about Lynx Athletics visit https://www.carrolllynx.com/landing/index. The College Athletics department will follow all decisions made by MDJUCO and NJCAA and in compliance with the State and local health department officials.