Lactation Rooms and All-Gender Bathrooms
Carroll Community College has two lactation rooms available for nursing mothers and an individual-use bathroom designated as an all-gender bathroom.
- Room L092 is available upon request. Requestors should go to the Student Life office (A118) to sign out a key. In the event that Student Life is closed, Campus Police can be contacted to open the door.
- Room K134 is available upon request. K134 is a shared space with Continuing Education IT, but rarely used as an IT support space. Requestors should go to Continuing Education (K117), who will check to see if the room is available. In the event that Continuing Education is closed, Campus Police may be contacted to check the status of the room and open the door if the room is available.
Single-User/Handicapped Accessible Restroom Locations
- K124A – K Building, main level near the Café (available during all College operating hours)
- L096B – Library, lower level (available during posted Library hours)
- T423 – Theater, upper level balcony area (available during all College operating hours)
According to the Department of Justice and Education, a school may provide separate facilities on the basis of sex, but must allow transgender students access to such facilities consistent with their gender identity. A school may not require transgender students to use facilities inconsistent with their gender identity or to use individual-user facilities when other students are not required to do so. A school, however, may make individual-user options available to all students who voluntarily seek additional privacy.