Skip to main content

Campus Alert

Student Care

How can my student report a student concern? 

For non-emergency student concern referrals, students can report concerns through the Starfish Icon (In the case of an emergency, please call 911 and campus police at 410-386-8123. Starfish is the primary channel to complete a Student Concern Report by selecting ‘Report a Student Concern’).

Alternatively, students can also submit a, Student Concern & Incident Report Form, which is another channel to complete a Student Concern Report if they do not have access to Starfish. Another option is the ‘Report Student Concern’ icon, which can be accessed from any college computer desktop.

This is a proactive approach to provide cross-campus support/response to students who are experiencing personal challenges that may hinder their academic success or well-being.

The report goes directly to the Office of Student Care and Integrity for a response within 48 hours. For use by students, faculty or staff.

Students may contact the Director of Student Care and Integrity/Chair of the Behavioral Intervention Team, Dr. DaVida Anderson, at or 410-386-8217 for any questions or further assistance.


Timely Care Logo Carroll Community College

Current Carroll credit students have free access to use our new Student Assistance Program, TimelyCare. TimelyCare is a service that offers virtual mental health and wellbeing services to students for free. Students have access to six free counseling sessions through Talk Now and the opportunity to self-maintain their wellbeing through the self-care journey and peer-to-peer community.  

Talk Now 

TalkNow allows students to visit from anywhere and get on-demand, 24/7 emotional support from a behavioral health provider to talk about concerns like:  

  • Anxiety 
  • Depression 
  • Substance use 
  • Stress 
  • Life transitions 
  • Academic challenges 
  • Relationship issues

Self-Care Journey 

With TimelyCare’s Self-Care Journey, students have 24/7/365 access to short videos, interactive guides, and articles from experts on topics such as managing stress, relationships, and healthy eating. 

Peer to Peer Community 

Peer Community is easy to use. It’s a safe place for students to voice their thoughts, emotions, and feelings — wherever they are, whenever they need it. 

Visit or download the app to your phone to access these services.


Carroll Community College complies with the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (20 U.S.C.; 1232g) and any regulations which may be promulgated there under. Students and others who may wish specific information regarding their rights of access to Institutional educational records maintained in their names are referred to the Regulations section of the catalog.

The Registrar coordinates the inspection and review procedures for student educational records, which include:

  • Academic files
  • Admissions files
  • Financial aid files

 Students wishing to review their records must present: 

  • A written request to the Registrar listing the record(s) of interest
  • Student I.D. card
  • Photo identification

Access will be granted within at least 30 days from the date of the written request. See the College Regulations Section of the catalog for further information.

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), also known as the Buckley Amendment, protects the privacy of student records. In adherence to this law, Carroll faculty and staff does not disclose grades, performance or attendance with parents unless the student allows this. Students may obtain the form, Permission to Release Educational Records Information, in the Records Office (A112). Carroll encourages parents to discuss this important issue with their students.

For more information, see Student Privacy Through FERPA

Parents Stay Informed – Academic Dishonesty

Learn about the 5 Types of Academic Dishonesty.