Dual Enrollment at CCPS

  • Stay at Your School and Earn College Credit!

  • Carroll Community College is offering English and Math courses at each Carroll County high school. Trained CCPS high school teachers will teach these college-level courses.

    How to begin:

    1. Complete the Carroll Community College Application.
    2. Schedule a meeting with your High School Counselor to discuss eligibility and options. (Parents/guardians must attend this meeting.)
    3. Complete the CCPS Dual Enrollment Request form with your High School Counselor.
    4. Provide qualifying college-level scores or take the placement tests. Please specifically review the requirements for dually enrolled students taking courses at CCPS.
    5. Register with Admissions (A101). No appointment required, but you can schedule an appointment by calling 410.386.8430. Please bring the Dual Enrollment Request form.
    6. Pay tuition
    7. Attend New Student Orientation.

    Frequently Asked Questions about Dual Enrollment

  • Do my Parents Need to Attend the Dual Enrollment Meeting?

    Parents are required to attend the initial meeting with the High School Counselor. We encourage the parent to attend the registration meeting at the College as well. The parent cannot come to the College alone to register their child; the student must be present for this meeting.

    How do I Pay for This?

    Dually enrolled high school students taking classes at Carroll or on-site at their high school receive discounted tuition. Federal financial aid is not available for dually enrolled students. However, we do have a payment plan that can help you break up your payment into as many as five monthly installments.

    How Does Dual Enrollment Impact Eligibility in High School Sports?

    At the initial meeting, your High School Counselor will discuss with you how dual enrollment affects your participation in sports as well as many other important things, such as GPA and graduation from high school.

    How Many Courses Can I Take?

    Students must take at least one high school course to be eligible for dual enrollment. When you meet with your High School Counselor, you will discuss how many courses you should take based on your schedule. For CCPS students, it is mod for mod. For example, if you are missing two classes, you need to enroll in two college classes.

    Is Tutoring Available for me as a Dually Enrolled Student?

    Yes! As a dually enrolled student at your high school or at Carroll, you are able to participate in drop-in or appointment tutoring for free!

    What if I have a 504 or IEP?

    Carroll Community College wants to ensure that students have a healthy transition to college coursework. Students with a 504 or IEP (or any other medical documentation) can meet with a Disability Support Services counselor in A101 to discuss accommodations at the College. Students need to self-identify and schedule a meeting with the ADA Office before the start of classes. Students enrolled in CCC courses which are being taught on CCPS sites who would be eligible for accommodations on the basis of their existing IEP/504 plans would be eligible to receive postsecondary-appropriate accommodations through Carroll’s Office of ADA/Disability Support Services.

    For the majority of testing accommodation needs/requests – most commonly 50% additional testing time, distraction-reduced testing, Calculator access – Carroll is amenable to a simplified process whereby the majority of these student accommodation needs/requests can be provided directly through an affirmation of eligibility by a designated representative/point-of-contact within the high school.

    More complex student needs or accommodation requests can be addressed on a case-by-case basis through the standard established process at Carroll for students requesting accommodations.

    What If I haven't Taken the SAT or ACT?

    There are many ways to place college level! In fact, many students will place directly into college courses with their high school unweighted GPA. We do not require the SAT or ACT. See your High School Counselor or a Carroll Admissions Counselor for any questions.

    What is the CCPS Dual Enrollment Paperwork?

    This is paperwork that must be completed at the meeting between the student, their parent/guardian(s) and the High School Counselor. The school counselor will provide initial information about eligibility, graduation requirements, sports eligibility, grades, etc. The school counselor may also provide recommendations for coursework. After this important meeting, the student will bring the CCPS Dual Enrollment paperwork with them when registering for classes with a Carroll Admissions Counselor.

    Will My Courses Transfer to my 4-Year School?

    Yes! Many dually enrolled students work on general education classes which do transfer to both in-state and out-of-state schools. If you have any questions/concerns about a course, the Carroll Admissions Counselor can help you at the registration meeting.

    Admissions is open and offering remote services

    8:30-4:30 Monday - Friday

    Call 410-386-8430
    or email admissions@carrollcc.edu with questions or to schedule an appointment with a counselor.

    We will monitor phones, voice messages and email messages and reply promptly to all.