Family & Childcare Resources
Boys and Girls Club of Carroll County
71 E Main St, Westminster, MD 21157
- In almost every community, boys and girls are left to find their own recreation and companionship during the critical after-school hours.
- To help meet the needs of these youth and their families, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Carroll County provides healthy, supervised after-school programs and activities.
Carroll Community College, Child Development Center – Littlest Learners
1601 Washington Road, K135, Westminster, MD 21157
- For ages: 2-5
- We provide a safe, pre-school environment for children of college students, employees, and the community.
- We offer very flexible schedules, from 1 to 5 days a week, in the morning, afternoon or all day. Student and sibling discounts are available.
- Fees & Registration Apply
Carroll County Department of Juvenile Services
101 Court Street, Westminster, MD 21157-5166
- Provides court-ordered supervision of delinquent youth, and assistance for youth exhibiting at-risk behaviors.
- Offers counseling services to juveniles and their families placed on probation or under protective supervision by the court.
- Other services include anger management classes, smoking cessation sessions, substance abuse support, case management for delinquent youth, and victim awareness programs.
- Offers free drug abuse, prevention education to community, business, school, church, and civic groups on important issues facing juveniles and our society.
- Please call to arrange for a speaker.
- Serves youth ages 8 to 21.
Child Support Enforcement
1232 Tech Court
Westminster, MD 21158
- Child support matters only.
- $25.00 fee.
- The Maryland Child Support Administration (CSA) works with both parents to provide the financial, medical and emotional support their children need to grow and thrive.
Moms Works/Dad Works
255 Clifton Blvd. Suite 301, Westminster, MD 21157
- Helps families by serving mothers/fathers to overcome barriers to success.
- Services include classes in parenting, communication, relationship skills, employment, anger management, overcoming substance abuse, violence, child visitation and money management.
- Mother/father support group meets weekly, learn more about dates and times on their website.
- Meetings are confidential. All moms/dads served.
- Does not accept insurance.
The YMCA of Westminster
1719 Sykesville Rd, Westminster, MD 21157
- The Y offers membership and programs at highly reduced or no cost including preschool (inclusive of Head Start), camps and summer programs, Community Schools, mentoring, and after school programs.
- Each year, thousands of youth and families are supported throughout central Maryland due to the collective efforts of our generous volunteers, partners, funders, donors, and associates.
Al-anon/Alateen Family Group Headquarters
1600 Corporate Landing Parkway (Message Only) Virginia Beach, VA 23454-5617
- Al-Anon is a mutual support group for people whose lives have been affected by someone else’s drinking. By sharing common experiences and applying the Al-Anon principles, families and friends of alcoholics can bring positive changes about.
- Alateen is a branch of Al-Anon for young people who have been affected by someone else’s drinking.
Family and Children’s Services
22 North Court Street, Westminster, Maryland 21157 410-876 -1233
- Assists families who are facing separation, domestic violence, child sexual abuse, and other hardships that increase stresses of daily living. Offer domestic violence program child abuse treatment services, general counseling, and medication management.
PO Box 3475, Culver City, CA 90231-3475
- Families Anonymous is a 12-Step fellowship designed for the families and friends of individuals who are experiencing substance abuse.
Family Law Administration
Circuit Court of Carroll County
55 N. Court Street, Suite 208, Westminster, MD 21157-5155
- Coordinates and monitors family support services, both private and public, which are provided to parties in pending domestic court cases in Carroll County. Referrals are available for a variety of services, visit the website to learn more. The Division also coordinates efforts between the judiciary, attorneys, and service providers to expand resources available in the county.
- Free family law legal advice is available through volunteer lawyers for self- represented persons of low income, including help with forms in Maryland domestic law—visit the website to learn more about the times for that service. Free domestic legal information seminars are given monthly to all interested persons.
Family Law Advice Clinic / Family Law for the People
Circuit Court for Carroll County 55 N Court Street, Westminster Room 208
- Free in person legal advice clinic available to people who do not have an attorney. First come, first serve.
- Must meet income requirements. Visit the website to learn more about times and dates.
- Free book is provided to take with you.
- Visit the website for class times and dates.
Family Law Hotline
- Provides general legal information about family law (or domestic relations); this hotline is staffed by attorneys experienced in family law.
- This organization of lawyers, judges, social services, and health care providers focuses on the legal rights of women and children. It is an income-eligible service, staffed by experienced family law attorneys ready to assist callers with issues of family law, including divorce, custody, child support, visitation, third party custody, alimony, name change, and other family law issues.
- Attorneys can provide information and appropriate referrals to service providers that might be available to assist the caller.
Get Connected Family Resource Center Mosaic Community Services
255 Clifton Boulevard, Suite 204, Westminster, MD 21157
- Assists families in learning about, navigating and managing systems of care as they become empowered advocates for their children.
- Navigators use large databases to locate services in mental health, developmental disabilities, basic needs, health, education, substance abuse, learning difficulties, and other needs.
- Can provide information regarding accessibility, insurance, and fees of programs, waiting lists, and similar information.
- A resource library and computer facilities are available for public use. Translation phone available on site.
Human Services Programs of Carroll County
10 Distillery Drive, Ground Floor, Westminster, MD 21157
- The Family Support Programs – Provides services that help families develop self- sufficiency and effective parenting skills.
- Child development care is provided to support parents while they are learning valuable skills.
- Shelter & Housing – In addition to shelter, services are provided to assist families, individuals, and those with disabilities get back on their fee to obtain and remain in permanent housing.
Maryland Coalition of Families
- Maryland Coalition of Families helps families who care for someone with behavioral health needs by empowering and supporting them and advocating to improve systems and services.
Nar-Anon Family Group Headquarters
22527 Crenshaw Blvd, Suite 200B, Torrance, CA 90505
- Nar-Anon offers a 12-Step program for family and friends of addicts.
National Association for Children of Addiction / Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
900th St., N.W., Suite 910, Washington, D.C. 20006
- The National Association for Children of Addiction offers a variety of programs and products uniquely designed to offer support for children who struggle with the negative impact of alcohol and drug use in families.
- Call for additional information and materials
- Call for educational materials and to speak with a health professional on a call back basis.
- The National Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome works to increase public awareness and mobilize grassroots action in diverse communities to create a global community where all children are born free of exposure to alcohol, drugs, and other harmful substances.