Family & Childcare Resources
Carroll Community College, Child Development Center – Littlest Learners
1601 Washington Road, K135, Westminster, MD 21157
- For ages: 2-5
- We provide a safe, pre-school environment for children of college students, employees, and the community.
- We offer very flexible schedules, from 1 to 5 days a week, in the morning, afternoon or all day. Student and sibling discounts are available.
- Fees & Registration Apply
Carroll County Department of Juvenile Services
101 Court Street, Westminster, MD 21157-5166
- Provides court-ordered supervision of delinquent youth, and assistance for youth exhibiting at-risk behaviors.
- Offers counseling services to juveniles and their families placed on probation or under protective supervision by the court.
- Other services include anger management classes, smoking cessation sessions, substance abuse support, case management for delinquent youth, and victim awareness programs.
- Offers free drug abuse, prevention education to community, business, school, church, and civic groups on important issues facing juveniles and our society.
- Please call to arrange for a speaker. Serves youth ages 8 to 21.
Child Support Enforcement
1232 Tech Court
Westminster, MD 21158
- Child support matters only.
- $25.00 fee.
Divorce Care for Kids Church of the Open Door
550 Baltimore Boulevard, Westminster, MD 21157-6102
TTY/TTD: 410-876-3838, Ext. 346
- Help for children to heal from the hurt caused by the separation or divorce of their parents.
- At this weekly group, kids make friends who understand how they feel and the things they are going through because of the divorce of their parents.
- This Bible-based program helps children learn how God’s love can strengthen them and help turn tears to hope and joy.
- Serves ages 6 to 12.
Moms Works/Dad Works
255 Clifton Blvd. Suite 301, Westminster, MD 21157
- Helps families by serving mothers/fathers to overcome barriers to success.
- Services include classes in parenting, communication, relationship skills, employment, anger management, overcoming substance abuse, violence, child visitation and money management.
- Mother/father support group meets weekly, learn more about dates and times on their website.
- Meetings are confidential. All moms/dads served.
- Does not accept insurance.
Alanon/Alateen Family Group Headquarters
- 1600 Corporate Landing Parkway (Message Only) Virginia Beach, VA 23454-5617
- Al-Anon is a mutual support group for people whose lives have been affected by someone else’s drinking. By sharing common experiences and applying the Al-Anon principles, families and friends of alcoholics can bring positive changes about.
- Alateen is a branch of Al-Anon for young people who have been affected by someone else’s drinking.
Co-Dependents Anonymous (CODA)
- Co-Dependents Anonymous is a 12-step program of recovery designed to help individuals overcome negative denial, compliance, control, avoidance, and low self- esteem patterns stemming from co-dependence.
- Help for adults to heal from the hurt caused by separation and divorce.
- This Biblically based program features 33 renowned experts on divorce and recovery and is conducted by a leadership team who understands what participants are experiencing. Weekly
- Sessions teach how to deal with the circumstances of separation, how God’s love can strengthen during this time, and gives participants the opportunity to interact with others who are experiencing the same things.
PO Box 3475, Culver City, CA 90231-3475
- Families Anonymous is a 12-Step fellowship designed for the families and friends of individuals who are experiencing substance abuse.
Family Law Administration
Circuit Court of Carroll County
55 N. Court Street, Suite 208, Westminster, MD 21157-5155
- Coordinates and monitors family support services, both private and public, which are provided to parties in pending domestic court cases in Carroll County. Referrals are available for a variety of services, visit the website to learn more. The Division also coordinates efforts between the judiciary, attorneys, and service providers to expand resources available in the county.
- Free family law legal advice is available through volunteer lawyers for self- represented persons of low income, including help with forms in Maryland domestic law—visit the website to learn more about the times for that service. Free domestic legal information seminars are given monthly to all interested persons.
Family Law Advice Clinic / Family Law for the People
Circuit Court for Carroll County 55 N Court Street, Westminster Room 208
- Free in person legal advice clinic available to people who do not have an attorney. First come, first serve.
- Must meet income requirements. Visit the website to learn more about times and dates.
- Free book is provided to take with you.
- Visit the website for class times and dates.
Family Law Hotline
- Provides general legal information about family law (or domestic relations); this hotline is staffed by attorneys experienced in family law.
- This organization of lawyers, judges, social services, and health care providers focuses on the legal rights of women and children. It is an income-eligible service, staffed by experienced family law attorneys ready to assist callers with issues of family law, including divorce, custody, child support, visitation, third party custody, alimony, name change, and other family law issues.
- Attorneys can provide information and appropriate referrals to service providers that might be available to assist the caller.
Get Connected Family Resource Center Mosaic Community Services
255 Clifton Boulevard, Suite 204, Westminster, MD 21157
- Assists families in learning about, navigating and managing systems of care as they become empowered advocates for their children.
- Navigators use large databases to locate services in mental health, developmental disabilities, basic needs, health, education, substance abuse, learning difficulties, and other needs.
- Can provide information regarding accessibility, insurance, and fees of programs, waiting lists, and similar information.
- A resource library and computer facilities are available for public use. Translation phone available on site.
Human Services Programs of Carroll County
10 Distillery Drive, Ground Floor, Westminster, MD 21157
- The Family Support Programs – Provides services that help families develop self- sufficiency and effective parenting skills.
- Child development care is provided to support parents while they are learning valuable skills.
- Shelter & Housing – In addition to shelter, services are provided to assist families, individuals, and those with disabilities get back on their fee to obtain and remain in permanent housing.
Human Services Programs of Carroll County, Inc.
10 Distillery Drive, Suite G-1, Westminster, MD 21157-5021
- To provide information and referral for families to find services in Carroll County to help with a variety of needs.
- Helps individuals take a closer look at their immediate needs, and plan for their future.
- Family Links workers can help find solutions to the following problems: financial stability and budgeting; housing emergencies such as eviction notices, foreclosures, security deposits, electric & water turnoffs, and obtaining heating fuel; family problems; interpersonal skills/problems; job related questions and difficulties; transportation issues (work related); prescriptions; clothing; legal issues; food.
- Call for an appointment.
Maryland Coalition of Families
- Maryland Coalition of Families helps families who care for someone with behavioral health needs by empowering and supporting them and advocating to improve systems and services.
Mission of Mercy Taneytown
Trinity Evangelical Lutheran 38 Baltimore Street, Taneytown, MD 21787
- Provides free healthcare, free dental care, and free prescription medications to the uninsured and underinsured.
- New patients must call the appointment number below. If no appointments are available, there may be a limited number of walk-in appointments.
- Dental patients are seen on a first-come, first-served walk-in basis. Walk-in appointments are not guaranteed and are based on availability.
- For an appointment call 410.833.5870. You must leave a message with a call back number.
- *Many county’s Lions Clubs offer some medical financial assistance or otherwise have connections to other organizations
Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
Victim Hotline: 877-MADD-HELP
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving work to prevent drunk driving through advocacy for high visibility law enforcement, ignition interlock devices, autonomous vehicle technology, and advanced drunk driving prevention technology.
Mount Airy Net
403 S. Main Street, Mount Airy, MD 21771-5346 (Located inside Calvary United Methodist Church)
301-829-0472 (Leave voice mail message for service.)
- Mount Airy Net is a cooperative network of churches, civic organizations, and caring individuals.
- Services provided are emergency assistance for needy persons in the four-county Mount Airy area for: fuel/electricity, pharmaceutical, food, clothing, shelter (limited), and other appropriate needs.
- No fees are charged.
Nar-Anon Family Group Headquarters
22527 Crenshaw Blvd, Suite 200B, Torrance, CA 90505
- Nar-Anon offers a 12-Step program for family and friends of addicts.
National Association for Children of Addiction / Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
900th St., N.W., Suite 910, Washington, D.C. 20006
- The National Association for Children of Addiction offers a variety of programs and products uniquely designed to offer support for children who struggle with the negative impact of alcohol and drug use in families.
- Call for additional information and materials
- Call for educational materials and to speak with a health professional on a call back basis.
- The National Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome works to increase public awareness and mobilize grassroots action in diverse communities to create a global community where all children are born free of exposure to alcohol, drugs, and other harmful substances.
NESAP Thrift Store and Community Assistance Program
- Northeast Social Action Program (NESAP) Services is a Christian non-profit, cooperative community outreach organization.
- Services include financial assistance for rent, fuel utilities, transportation, minor medical, as well as food, clothing, school supplies and Christmas assistance.
- NESAP Thrift Store provides an ever-changing variety of carefully selected secondhand clothing, jewelry, small appliances, books, toys, furniture, housewares and collectibles.
- The store helps fund the Assistance Programs and provides items free of charge for those in need.
- Provides a Christian outreach and support center which helps resolve short-term crises while seeking pathways to self-sufficiency.
- Basic needs are considered and determined during the interview process for financial assistance.
- Provides prescription assistance to the uninsured and underinsured.
- Offers many programs including Back-to-School, Take-a-Book, Call for Coats, Blessings Closet, food assistance, general clothing, walk-ins, referral, and advocacy.
Together We Own It
77 John Street, Westminster, MD 21157
- Our mission is to work with children and families to break the cycle of poverty, trauma and mental illness and move forward by providing a stable and supportive environment, full of opportunity, including services for food, shelter, clothing, counseling, mentoring, and more.
- Assists individuals in job training, resume building, and searching for The Workforce team also works with individuals to overcome barriers to employment such as criminal background or lack of previous experience.
- Emergency & Prevention Services – Connects individuals with an array of funds throughout the community and the state to assist them with paying utilities and preventing evictions. Emergency Services partners with the Maryland Energy Services Programs (MEAP) and the Office of Home Energy Programs (OHEP) of the Department of Human Resources. Family Links Services