Hotlines, Helplines & Crisis Call/Text Lines
Family and Children’s Services
22 North Court Street, Westminster, Maryland 21157
- The Carroll County Domestic Violence Hotline provides resources and information for domestic violence victims or offenders seeking counseling in Carroll County. It is a free, 24-hour hotline.
Family Law Hotline
- To provide general legal information about family law (or domestic relations); this hotline is staffed by attorneys experienced in family law, ready to assist callers with issues of family law, including divorce, custody, child support, visitation, third party custody, alimony, name change, and other family law issues.
- Attorneys can provide information and appropriate referrals to service providers that might be available to assist the caller.
BHS Student Assistance Program (SAP)
portal.BHSonline.com | Username: CARROLLCC
- Feeling stressed or depressed? Need to talk to someone? Carroll students have FREE, 24/7 access to confidential counseling & other services to support your well-being.
- Download the BHS App
Carroll County Mobile Crisis Hotline:
- Horus: 9am -12am
Crisis Text Line
Text “HOME” to 741-741.
- Provides 24/7 secure crisis response from a live, trained counselor, helping you move from a hot moment to a cool moment.
LGBT National Hotline
- This hotline provides confidential peer-support, information, local resources, and more to calls of all ages.
- The NAMI Helpline serves as a peer-support service providing information, resource referrals and support to people living with a mental health condition, their family members and caregivers, mental health providers, and the public.
- M-F 10am-6pm
National Suicide Prevention Hotline
- Provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.
Safe Call Now
- CONFIDENTIAL, comprehensive, 24-hour crisis referral service for all public safety employees, all emergency services personnel, and their family members nationwide.
The Sante Group
- The Sante Group serves as mental health first responders for individuals or groups who are experiencing a mental health and situational crises. The Sante Group provides emergency psychological assessment, immediate intervention for individuals, family, and community crisis events.
The Trevor Project
TrevorText: text START to 678-678
- TrevorChat: through website
- Provides 24/7 crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ young people under 25.
Veterans Crisis Hotline
- The Veterans Crisis Line connects Service members and Veterans in crisis, as well as their family members and friends, with qualified, caring VA responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text-messaging service.
Call 211 and ask for the WARMLine
- If you’re feeling anxious, depressed or just need someone to talk to.
- A mental health professional is standing by to listen to your concerns and refer you to any additional resources you may need.
House of Ruth Domestic Violence Legal Clinic
410-889-7884 (24 Hour)
888-880-7884 (Legal Office)
- The House of Ruth Legal Clinic helps survivors of domestic violence obtain protective orders, peace orders, divorce decrees, child custody, and child support for free.
Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence
6911 Laurel Bowie Road, Suite 309, Bowie, MD 20715
- Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence is a coalition that brings together victim service providers, allied professionals, and concerned individuals to reduce intimate partner violence. The coalition provides education, awareness, training, technical assistance, lethality assessment programs, advocacy, and collaboration with local, state, and national organizations.
Rape Crisis Intervention Service of Carroll County
224 N. Center Street, Room 102, Westminster, MD 21157-5134
410-857-7322 (24 Hour)
- Provides counseling and support services that are free and confidential to survivors of sexual violence, as well as their friends and family. Services include a 24-hour hotline, therapy and support groups, accompaniment to legal meetings and court dates, and outreach and education programs.
The National Domestic Violence Hotline:
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline is a free, confidential, 24-hour hotline that offers support, safety planning, intervention, prevention, and local resources.
The National Sexual Assault Hotline:
- The National Sexual Assault Hotline offers crisis intervention services in English and Spanish via telephone and online chat, and referrals to local providers.
410-663-1922 (24 Hours)
- If you’re struggling with an addiction to alcohol, help is just a phone call away, thanks to the 24 hour AA Hotline.
- Independently run by Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) groups in cities throughout the world, these AA hotlines provide information and refer callers to volunteers who are ready around the clock to answer questions and offer help.
Al-Anon Family Groups of MD and DC
PO Box 878, Olney, MD 20830
410-857-7000 (24 Hours)
- 24-hour answering machine for meeting information & messages
- Area 24 Baltimore Area Al-Anon Information Services
Carroll County Helpline
- Access free & confidential counseling on food, healthcare, and other resources