Skip to main content

Campus Alert

Carroll’s financial aid program assists qualifying students with meeting their college-related expenses, from tuition to books.

For more info, call 410-386-8437 or email

Types of Financial Aid:

HEERF III – American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA)

The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund III (HEERF III) is authorized by the American Rescue Plan (ARP), Public Law 117-2, signed into law on March 11, 2021, providing $39.6 billion in support to institutions of higher education to serve students and ensure learning continues during the COVID-19 pandemic. Emergency funds provided by ARP more than double the emergency relief aid available to students and institutions already authorized under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) and the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) relief legislation. This funding is provided by the ARP’s Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF III), with a new formula requiring approximately half of the funding to be used by each institution to provide direct relief to students.


An award package, consisting of one or more types of aid, is offered based on the level of a student’s financial need and the availability of funds.

With the exception of Federal Work-Study, where payment is made through a bi-weekly paycheck, all awards are applied to the college tuition and fee bill. Any surplus balance is refunded to the student by check, usually during the sixth week of each standard term.


The basic qualifying criteria for most financial aid grant programs is to demonstrate financial need. Financial need is the difference between the total cost of attending Carroll and the student’s or their parent’s (if applicable) ability to contribute to educational expenses.

Determining a student’s financial need involves a careful review of the student’s information on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This standard need analysis system treats all students equally and fairly.

Students can learn more about financial aid and review any of the College’s accreditation documents by contacting the Financial Aid Office (A114).

Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards for Students Receiving Financial Aid. 

Disability Waiver:

Any resident of Maryland, who Is out of the workforce because of a permanent disability as defined by the Social Security or Railroad Retirement Act and enrolls in a community college class that has at least 10 regularly enrolled students, may be eligible for a tuition waiver. Students must obtain a Certification for Tuition Waiver form (download here or obtain at the Cashier’s Office in person or by calling 410-386-8437) verifying total and permanent disability and receipt of disability or retirement benefits from the Social Security Administration, the Railroad Retirement Board or the individual’s federal retirement or pension authority. Students must register in person and submit the completed certification form.


2023 – 2024 Financial Aid Forms

2024 – 2025 Financial Aid Forms