Career Development for Veterans
Find Your Next Career!
Carroll offers the following tools to assist veterans in figuring out their next career step.
Career Coach is an online tool to explore your interests and career options. You can easily search industries to find occupational information. Discover pathways at Carroll for credit and non-credit programs to help you meet your career goals.
Access Career Coach now to get started! No login or sign up required, but you can create an account to save your results.
Focus 2 Career
Focus 2 Career is an online assessment tool measuring interests, skills, values and goals. This resource provides information to select relevant majors, compare your profile to careers and consider options.
How do I access Focus 2 Career?
- Access Focus 2 and click Register. Your Access Code is “CareerStart”. Save your password and user ID.
- Complete the interest, skills and values assessments. If you need help understanding your results, contact email@example.com.
- Search information by job title or major, and compare two careers side by side.
VA Approved Continuing Education Training Programs
Carroll offers the following Continuing Education training programs that are approved by the VA:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
For information on how to access your VA benefits at Carroll, visit our Financial Aid for Veterans & Active Military page (hyperlink “Financial Aid for Veterans & Active Military
- American Corporate Partners – Offers vets with free nationwide, in-person or e-mentoring career counseling and networking with professionals for long-term career development.
- C.O.D.E. Call of Duty Endowment – Helps veterans find careers and supports organizations that provide job training and placement.
- The Entrepreneurship Boot Camp for Veterans with Disabilities (EBV) – Provides hands-on training in entrepreneurship and small business management to post 9/11 vets with service-related disabilities.
- The Farmer-Veteran Coalition – Helps returning veterans find employment and training, and works to improve job opportunities and veteran service in rural communities.
- Feds Hire Vets – Provides a list of Veteran Employment Program Offices.
- G.I. Jobs – Guides post military success with many career and educational resources.
- Helmets to Hardhats – Places veterans into building and construction careers through trade apprenticeship programs and offers specific resources for disabled veterans.
- Hire Heroes USA (HHUSA) – Offers transition assistance and job search and placement services particularly for veterans of Operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom, with specific resources for wounded or disabled veterans.
- Job Corps – Offers free job training and post-training assistance with priority enrollment for veterans; a U.S. Department of Labor program.
- Marine for Life – Provides nationwide assistance to Marines returning to civilian life.
- Maryland Center for Veterans Training and Education – Helps veterans return to employment and permanent housing.
- Maryland Jobs for Veterans – Offers resources for Maryland veterans including employment opportunities, veteran services, upcoming events and more.
- The Mission Continues – Provides opportunities for veterans to serve as citizen leaders.
- My Next Move – Allows veterans to search for careers by keyword, browse careers by industry or find careers similar to their military job.
- National Resource Directory – Provides access to veteran services and resources at the national, state and local levels that support recovery, rehabilitation and community reintegration.
- Operation RE/MAX – Provides a listing of RE/MAX offices that have made a commitment to hire and mentor military spouses, veterans and transitioning personnel.
- Return to Work – Offers vocational rehabilitation and employment services including evaluation, training, placement, service learning and supported employment.
- The Veterans Corporations – Provides veterans and service disabled veterans with access to the tools required to become successful in business.
- Veterans’ Employment and Training Services – Helps veterans, reservists and National Guard members in securing employment and the rights and benefits associated with such.
- Veterans Employment Services Office – Oversees all VA employment initiatives.
- Veterans Enterprise – An online magazine dedicated to increasing diversity inclusion in America’s workforce for veterans.
- Veteran Careers – Veterans’ Guide to Careers After the Military